Please buy local!
Purchasing items from local businesses not only benefits the local economy, but it also benefits YOU!
1) The casual encounters you enjoy at neighborhood-scale business and the public spaces around them build relationships and community cohesiveness. They’re the ultimate social networking sites!
STRENGTHEN YOUR LOCAL ECONOMY
2) Each dollar you spend at independent businesses returns 3 times more money to our local economy than one spent at a chain – a benefit we can all bank on.
SHARE YOUR CHARACTER
3) Why do you choose to live here? What keeps you? Independent businesses help give our community its one-of-a-kind personality.
CREATE A HEALTHIER ENVIRONMENT
4) Independent, community-serving businesses are people-sized. They consume less land, carry more locally-made products, locate closer to residents and create less traffic and air pollution.
5) Local businesses put less demand on our roads, sewers, and safety services and generate more tax revenue per sales dollar, helping keep your taxes lower.
6) A wide variety of independent business, each serving their customers' tastes, creates greater overall choice for all of us.
CREATE JOBS AND OPPORTUNITIES
7) Locally-owned businesses also are the customers of local printers, accountants, wholesalers, farms, attorneys, etc., expanding opportunities for local entrepreneurs.
GIVE BACK TO YOUR COMMUNITY
8) Indies donate more than twice as much per sales dollar to local non-profits, events, and teams as chains do.
*the Downtown Great Falls Association is a member of the American Independent Business Alliance. The reasons to shop locally listed above is a copyright (2010) of the American Independent Business Alliance. To read more about reasons to buy locally, please visit the www.AMIBA.net.